To all registered users:
What would you like to see here? How would you like this forum to operate? Please log in and go to Special Messages (members only) - Feedback... - to let us all know what you think and what you might be able to contribute. People are still joining and showing interest.
Nellie

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 30, 2016 7:15 pm  #1

Thank you Boffer - please add your thanks here

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/Nellie99/1234/TBFonly.png

Boffer, a well-loved member of the Royal Jewels of the World Message Board (RJWMB), has generously allowed the product of his research over about six to seven years to be posted here on the Royal Jewels Lists (RJL); to be shared with all royal jewels enthusiasts; to be enjoyed over and over by you.  Thank you Boffer.

On the eve of Easter 2016 Boffer sent his files to me [Nellie]. What a stunning surprise and generous and enormous gift.

Boffer has told me:
"I started these notes as a means of consolidating all the various references and stories of the many different pieces of jewellery in the Windsor's collection, which were all stored in my head, into one - the 'story' of the jewels throughout the generations and centuries.
I wanted to share all the hard work that I put in years ago."

So I [Nellie] needed to publish the files, and contacted LauraM who immediately agreed to join in the venture and provide editing excellence. 
Thank you LauraM.

I do hope all RJL members and readers will enjoy studying The Boffer Files as a wonderful resource for their research into the British royal jewels.

*** For each TBF Topic, Boffer's research work is message #1 (posted by Admin01). Please bear in mind that his research stopped a few years ago.

Background
Some years back an extremely well informed person called Boffer began posting about the British royal jewels on the RJWMB.
One Saturday afternoon (I think) I engaged him in an extended exchange when he told us he was a 15-year-old.  Well, I had wanted to confirm that Boffer was male and to tease out something of his life, such as career, or major interests.  A schoolboy! 
Boffer had been looking forward to getting the mega Munn as a Christmas present. And he had applied for a work experience placement at Clarence House in 2006. Later he worked at Buckingham Palace during the summer season.
Boffer studied at the Queen Mary University in London - where else - gaining a BA (Hons.) degree in History, for his dissertation focusing on the architectural history of Buckingham Palace.
He moved to the southern hemisphere to pursue a career in finance.

You are invited to post your thanks here in recognition of Boffer's generosity.

Nellie

March 31, 2016 9:20 am  #2

Re: Thank you Boffer - please add your thanks here

Thank you Boffer for your generosity in making available your research with all those who share your love of royal jewels. As Nellie says, it is an enormous gift.

Thank you to Nellie for providing the perfect forum for Boffer's files and exciting discussion.

LauraM

August 21, 2016 12:47 am  #3

Cheers Boffer and thanks for sharing you hard work.  It was most kind of you. 
I can see this becoming a great base for further notes and research.

Thanks too to Nellie and LauraM for putting this platform together for us.

Now.. I must get back to reviewing more of these topics!!

August 21, 2016 6:10 am  #4

What a wonderful set of files. Thank you Boffer for making your work available, and to Nellie and Laura for your dedication in posting the information.

Like Bryce, I must get back to exploring this very valuable resource.

August 21, 2016 6:10 pm  #5

What an incredible thing to have access to. Thanks to Nellie for the site and to Boffer for the content. What a thrill!
I hope to contribute to the discussions. I have long lurked on the Royal Boards. I am very pleased to be a part of this one.
Now back to browsing...

August 26, 2016 2:46 am  #6

Thanks Boffer for all your work and sharing it with us.

Would you be willing to post your dissertation on the architectural history of Buckingham Palace (or is it posted somewhere already)?  I'm sure it would make for very interesting reading.

November 24, 2016 11:52 pm  #7

Dear all...I was away from the forum for a while, and I just find this incredible generosity of Boffer and Nellie and others thanks you so, so much, really a gift, best, Oliviamar

Board footera